Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Croatia and Venice


I have now been to Venice 5 times in the past couple of months. This last time I had some dear friends visit from Germany - Nancy and Mindy and Mindy's friend Jessica. Mindy, Nancy, Jessica and I spent a day in Venice -shopping, eating, enjoying the scenery, etc. Mindy and Jessica flew out the next day and Nancy and I headed to Rovijn, Croatia. Blake was in Germany for business, so I farmed the kids out for a couple of days. Croatia was absolutely beautiful. The drive from our home took us through some of the most beautiful countryside of Slovenia and Croatia. The northwestern part (the Istra Peninsula) is what they call the 2nd Tuscany. It had some of the most breath-taking views. The coastline of the Adriatic was also gorgeous!!! Croatia is not yet part of the European Union and is still on their own currency. Presently, their prices compared to the dollar are good - we'll see how long that lasts!!! :)

3 comments:

Tiffany D. Montgomery said...

Oh my goodness, Carrie! What a fun and perfect girlfriend trip! I wish I could have been there to enjoy the laughs and beautiful sights with you!!

Clanturner said...

Carrie, I love your blog. It makes me so homesick for Europe. You guys are quite the travel guides, we may have to hire you when we come next time. Everyone looks so great. We miss you!

PARKER KALAEKOI KAM said...

Hi Again,
Sounds like a wonderful kid free time!
I suppose you would need my email address to respond to my last POST it is:
kammelissa@cs.com

Missy Hardy-Kam